If you're looking for a unique twist on the classic deviled egg, this recipe featuring fresh basil pesto and crispy bacon bits is sure to impress. The creamy egg yolk filling is enhanced by the bold and herbaceous flavors of pesto, while the bacon adds a crispy and savory crunch. These deviled eggs are perfect as an appetizer or snack, and are sure to be a hit at any party or gathering.
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fresh basil pesto
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Fresh basil leaves, for garnish
- Place the eggs in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drain the hot water and run cold water over the eggs until they are cool enough to handle. Peel the eggs and slice them in half lengthwise.
- Remove the yolks and place them in a bowl. Mash the yolks with a fork until they are crumbly.
- Add the mayonnaise, pesto, Dijon mustard, salt, and black pepper to the bowl with the yolks. Stir until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Spoon the filling into the egg white halves, or pipe it in using a pastry bag for a more elegant presentation.
- Sprinkle the crumbled bacon on top of the filled eggs, and garnish with fresh basil leaves.
- Substitute the bacon with prosciutto or pancetta for a different twist on the recipe.
- Use sun-dried tomato pesto or roasted red pepper pesto for a different flavor profile.
- Add a pinch of cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes for some extra heat.
These Pesto and Bacon Deviled Eggs are an easy and delicious appetizer that are sure to impress your guests. The combination of fresh basil pesto and crispy bacon bits creates a unique and flavorful twist on the classic deviled egg recipe. Whether you're entertaining a crowd or simply looking for a tasty snack, give these deviled eggs a try and see how they become a crowd favorite in no time!