Pork and Fennel Meatballs with Tagliatelle Recipe
- Serves 4
- 25 mins to prepare and 25 mins to cook
- 520 calories / serving
- 500g pork mince
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 celery stick, grated
- 1 tsp fennel seeds, crushed
- 1 tsp crushed chillies
- 30g dried breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 x 500g cartons passata
- 400g dried tagliatelle
- 15g fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 30g grated Parmesan, to serve (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mince, onion, carrot, celery, fennel seeds, chilies, breadcrumbs, and egg; season well.
- Make 40 balls with heaping teaspoons of the mixture.
- Chill for 10 minutes after transferring to a baking sheet.
- In a large, covered pan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Fry the meatballs in batches until golden brown, about 8-10 minutes.
- Reduce to a low heat, toss in the passata, then cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Half of the meatballs should be set aside for the subs.
- Place the leftover meatballs on top of the pasta and garnish with parsley.
- If desired, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.