- Serves 4
- 20 mins to prepare and 15 mins to cook
- 179 calories/serving
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 Maris Piper potato (approx 250g), peeled and diced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 500ml almond milk, plus extra to taste
- 5g chives, finely snipped,
- 5g fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 200g tin naturally sweet sweetcorn, drained
- fresh bread warmed to serve
- In a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Cook for 6-7 minutes, until the onion is transparent, adding the onion, celery, garlic, and paprika.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until the flour has dissolved, after adding the potato, chili, and flour.
- Pour in the almond milk (it should barely cover the potatoes; if necessary, top up with cold water) and cook for another 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft.
- Stir in the corn until it is thoroughly heated.
- Using a handheld blender or a potato masher, blitz half of the soup, then return the pureed soup to the pan.
- To thin the soup to the desired consistency, add more almond milk.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, then top with parsley and chives.
- Serve with hot bread chunks.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.