Potato, Cauliflower And Spinach Tikka Masala Recipe
- Serves 4
- 10 mins to prepare and 30 mins to cook
- 420 calories / serving
- 1 cauliflower
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 200g long-grain rice
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 500g jar low-fat tikka masala cooking sauce
- 567g tin new potatoes, drained, larger ones halved
- 125g baby spinach
- 4 tbsp low-fat natural yogurt
- 10g fresh coriander, leaves picked
- Preheat the grill to high temperature. Break the cauliflower florets into bite-sized pieces, the stem into 1cm pieces, and the leaves into 1cm strips.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp oil over the florets and stalks in a large baking tray, season, and mix well.
- Grill for 10 minutes, then mix in the cauliflower leaves and cook for another 5 minutes, or until the cauliflower is cooked and the leaves are crisp.
- Wash the rice and cook it according to the package directions. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a deep frying pan, heat 1 tbsp oil over medium heat.
- Fry the onion for 10 minutes, or until golden and soft. Stir in the chili and garlic, then add the tomato purée and 50ml water and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in the tikka masala sauce and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the spinach and roasted cauliflower florets and stalks, as well as a splash of water if the curry is too thick.
- Stir in the spinach until it has wilted, then add the yogurt and the crispy cauliflower leaves and coriander.
- Serve with a side of rice.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.