- Serves 4
- 10 mins to prepare and 20 mins to cook
- 463 calories/serving
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ onion, very finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled, half finely chopped and half peeled into ribbons
- 1 red pepper, seeded and very finely chopped
- 100g frozen petit pois, defrosted
- 150g frozen prawns, defrosted and finely chopped
- 2 x 200g packs frozen rice
- 100g panko breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 tbsp plain flour, for dusting
- 1 cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- ½ red cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 lemons, 1 zested and juiced, and 1 cut into wedges
- In a frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat and cook the onion, diced carrot, and pepper for 8-10 minutes, until tender.
- For the last 2-3 minutes of cooking, add the peas and prawns to heat through.
- Meanwhile, prepare the rice according to package directions, then combine it with the cooked vegetable and prawn mixture, breadcrumbs, and eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- Season and mix well.
- Dust the flour over the mixture and divide it into 8 cakes.
- Cook the cakes in the remaining oil in the frying pan for 5-7 minutes over medium-high heat, flipping frequently, until brown all over.
- Combine the cucumber and carrot ribbons, red cabbage, and the majority of the lemon zest in a serving bowl.
- Over the paella cakes, strew the remaining lemon zest.
- Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Serve with the salad and lemon wedges.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.