- Serves 1
- 12 mins to prepare and 3 mins to cook
- 178 calories / serving
- 2 heaped tbsp pumpkin purée
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp mixed spice
- 1 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 250ml whole or semi-skimmed milk
- 2 shots espresso coffee (see tip)
- whipped cream and cocoa, to serve (optional)
- In a microwave-safe container, combine the pumpkin purée, sugar, spices, and milk.
- To blend the components, stir them together.
- Cover with clingfilm and pierce the surface two or three times with a sharp knife to enable steam to escape.
- Microwave on high for 1½-2 minutes, or until the milk is steaming.
- Whisk for 30-45 seconds, or until the milk gets really frothy, with an electric milk frother or a whisk.
- Add the spiced pumpkin milk to the hot coffee in a latte glass or cup.
- If using, finish with a dollop of cream and a dusting of mixed spice and cocoa powder.
Tip: If you have a coffee machine, make the latte with two shots of espresso. If you don't have any, use instant espresso or your regular cafetière. You'll need roughly 1 tbsp ground coffee to make 50ml strong coffee.