Puy lentil, toasted hazelnut, and herb salad with chestnuts
- Serves 4
- 20 mins to prepare and 15 mins to cook
- 382 calories/serving
- 2 tbsp chopped tarragon leaves
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 50g (2oz) shelled hazelnuts
- 1 echalion shallot, sliced
- 3 rosemary sprigs, leaves picked and finely chopped
- 1 x 180g pack whole chestnuts, chopped
- 4 tbsp port
- 1 x 250g pack ready to eat puy lentils
- 2 chicory bulbs, bases trimmed, and leaves separated
- In a small bowl, combine the tarragon, maple syrup, sherry vinegar, and 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- Season well.
- Toast the hazelnuts in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Toast for a few minutes, till golden, stirring frequently.
- Allow cooling completely on a plate before coarsely cutting.
- Return the pan to low-medium heat with the remaining oil after wiping it out.
- Toss in the shallot slices and rosemary.
- Cook, stirring regularly, for 5 minutes, then increase the heat and add the chopped chestnuts and port.
- Cook for a few minutes, or until the port has reduced to a glaze consistency.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the lentils, half of the hazelnuts, and the tarragon dressing until completely combined.
- To serve, divide the warm mixture among the chicory leaves and sprinkle with the remaining chopped hazelnuts.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.