- Serves 3
- 10 mins to prepare and 30 mins to cook
- 760 calories / serving
- 50ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 300g frozen squid tubes, defrosted and roughly chopped
- ½ red pepper, seeded and cut into thick strips
- 100g runner beans
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 medium (about 200g) tomatoes, grated
- ½ g saffron
- 2 fish stock cubes, crumbled
- 300g paella rice
- 100g frozen peeled raw king prawns
- 200g cod loin, cut into 1cm slices
For the ajillo
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 25ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 sprigs flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, fan 200°C, gas 7.
- Preheat an oven-safe paella pan or a large frying pan over high heat.
- 1 tbsp rock or sea salt, olive oil, and minced squid
- Allow the squid's water to evaporate before stirring in the red peppers and runner beans, ensuring that all of the components brown evenly.
- Stir in the garlic for 1 minute before adding the paprika.
- Stir in the grated tomatoes, saffron, and crumbled fish stock cubes and simmer for another 30 seconds.
- Stir in the rice for 2 minutes to sear it and give the finished meal a slightly crispier bite.
- 1 liter boiling water, right from the kettle, poured over and thoroughly mixed.
- If necessary, adjust the spice and simmer for another 5 minutes over high heat.
- Scatter the peeled prawns and cod over the top and gently toss to combine, then place the pan in the oven. Preheat oven to 350°F and bake for 10 minutes.
- Make the ajillo in the meantime.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl, then set aside until ready to serve.
- Remove the pan from the oven and set it aside for 5 minutes to cool.
- To serve, divide the paella into bowls and drizzle with ajillo.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.