- Serves 6
- 10 minutes to prepare and 5-12 hours to brew
- 57 calories / serving
- 150g Colombian ground coffee
- 450ml full-fat milk
- 75g Demerara sugar
- whipped cream or ice cream to serve, optional
- Pour 1 liter of cold water over the coffee in a big jug or jar.
- Stir with a fork until there are no lumps left.
- Chill for at least 5 hours or overnight, covered in clingfilm.
- Heat the sugar in a small saucepan with 200ml water until it melts.
- Leave to cool in a container.
- Pour the coffee through a coffee filter or a sieve lined with double-thickness kitchen paper before serving.
- Add the sugar syrup to a large jug and mix well.
- Pour the milk into 6 tall glasses and divide between them.
- If desired, serve with whipped cream or ice cream.