Roasted veg and lentil salad bowl recipe
- Serves 4
- 10 mins to prepare and 25 mins to cook
- 341 calories/serving
- One cauliflower
- 2½ tbsp olive oil
- 400g sweet potatoes
- 2 x 390g tins of green lentils, rinsed and drained
- 50g kale
- 200g low-fat Greek-style yogurt
- 15g mint, leaves picked and chopped
- ½ garlic clove, crushed
- ½ cucumber, coarsely grated
- ½ lemon, zested and juiced
- Two spring onions, sliced.
- Heat the oven to gas 8, 220°C, and fan 200°C. Remove and discard any bruised or damaged leaves from the cauliflower.
- Cut the larger leaves into bite-sized pieces and keep the smaller ones whole and tip them into a bowl for later.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets, the stalk into 1cm cubes, and toss on a baking tray with ½ tbsp oil and some seasoning.
- Roast at the top of the oven for 20-25 mins until crispy and charred and the stalks are tender.
- Scrub the sweet potatoes and cut them into wedges. Tip onto another baking tray with ½ tbsp oil.
- Season and toss well, then roast under the cauliflower for 20-25 mins until tender throughout and golden around the edges.
- Put the kale into the cauliflower leaves bowl, drizzle over ½ tbsp oil with some seasoning.
- Toss the kale and leaves until completely coated in the oil. When the cauliflower florets are cooked, transfer to a bowl, and tip the cauliflower leaves and the kale on the tray.
- Roast for 5-10 mins until the kale is crisp and cauline leaves are tender.
- Whisk the yogurt, most of the mint, garlic, lemon zest, and cucumber, and season with pepper.
- Toss the lentils with pepper, 1 tbsp olive oil, and lemon juice.
- Divide between 4 bowls, and top with the roasted cauliflower, sweet potato wedges, cauliflower leaves, and crispy kale in piles on top.
- Add a spoonful of the tzatziki, and scatter with the spring onions and remaining mint to serve.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox.
Looking for delicious and easy-to-make healthy recipes? Select one of the healthiest food network recipes at thefoodnetworkrecipes.com.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.