- Serves 4
- 10 mins to prepare and 55 mins to cook
- 345 calories / serving
- ½ swede (about 400g), peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
- ½ small red cabbage, cut into 6 wedges through the root
- 3½ tbsp. olive oil
- 220g pack Tender stem broccoli (halve any thicker stems)
- ½ x 220g pack green beans, trimmed
- 280g pack tofu, drained and cut into 2cm cubes
- 75g spring onions, cut into 4cm pieces
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 Little Gem lettuce, sliced
For the cashew dressing
- 50g cashew nuts
- 2 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (gas 6) and 160°C (fan). Boil the cashews for 5 minutes, then add the garlic cloves after 2 minutes to make the dressing. Drain, then remove the skins from the garlic cloves.
- Blend the cashews, garlic, onion powder, and lemon juice until very finely chopped in a high-powered blender (or a food processor for a chunkier dressing). Blend in half of the cucumber until smooth, then add the other half and blitz until smooth. Season to taste after mixing in the dill. Chill until ready to serve in a jug or dish.
- In a large mixing basin, gently toss the swede with the cabbage, 112 tbsp oil, and some spice. Over high heat, heat a griddle pan. In batches, fry the cabbage and swede until lightly browned and soft. Place on a baking sheet and roast for 25 minutes. Chop the cooked cabbage into bits and keep it warm in the oven.
- Meanwhile, combine the broccoli, beans, and spring onions with 1 tablespoon oil and seasoning, then griddle in batches until browned and tender. Set aside.
- 1 tbsp. oil, season, and add to the pan, griddling for 2-3 minutes on each side until lightly charred.
- On a big dish, arrange all of the ingredients. To serve, drizzle the dressing over the vegetables.
Easy swap: To make your own version of this salad, mix and match your favorite vegetables.