Sage And Brown Butter-Basted Cauliflower Recipe
- Serves 6
- 10 mins to prepare and 50 mins to cook
- 139 calories / serving
- 1 large cauliflower (about 700g)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 50g butter
- 10g fresh sage, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, fan 170°C, gas 5. Remove any cauliflower leaves with thick stems or that are damaged.
- Trim the cauliflower's base, then cut it in half through the stem.
- Each half should be cut into 3-4 wedges. Season with salt and pepper and place on a baking tray.
- Cook for 40-50 minutes, until the stalks are soft, covered with foil.
- Cook for 40-50 minutes, covered with foil. In the meantime, melt the butter in a small frying pan until it foams.
- Swirl the pan until the butter has darkened somewhat and has a nutty aroma.
- Remove from the heat, add the safe, and season to taste.
- Remove the foil and baste the florets with the safe butter.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes, or until the edges of the stem begin to color and caramelize and the stalk is extremely soft.
- Pour the butter from the tray over the top and transfer to a serving plate.
Until the stalks are soft, remove them.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.