- Serves 4
- 10 mins to prepare and 25 mins to cook
- 290 calories/serving
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 800g Maris Piper potatoes, diced
- 100g spring onions, sliced diagonally
- One lemon, zested and cut into wedges
- 418g in wild Pacific pink salmon, drained, any skin and bones discarded
- 2 tbsp capers, rinsed and roughly chopped
- 15g fresh dill, roughly chopped
- chili sauce, to serve (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the potatoes, cover with a lid and cook for 10 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Add 100ml water, re-cover and cook for a further 5 mins until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Stir in the spring onions and lemon zest, season, and cook for 5 mins.
- Add the salmon, breaking up any large flakes, and cook for 3 mins until heated.
- Sprinkle over the capers and dill, then serve with lemon wedges and a chili sauce, if you like.
Tip: Top the hash with a fried egg for an extra-hearty meal. Serve up the soup, return the frying pan to the heat, crack in 4 eggs, and fry to your liking.