- Serves 4
- 10 mins to prepare and 25 mins to cook
- 290 calories/serving
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 800g Maris Piper potatoes, diced
- 100g spring onions, sliced diagonally
- 1 lemon, zested and cut into wedges
- 418g tin wild Pacific pink salmon, drained, any skin and bones discarded
- 2 tbsp capers, rinsed and roughly chopped
- 15g fresh dill, roughly chopped
- chilli sauce, to serve (optional)
- In a large nonstick frying pan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Cook for 10 minutes, stirring regularly, after adding the potatoes and covering with a lid.
- Cook for another 5 minutes after adding 100ml water and re-covering, until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Season with salt and pepper and simmer for 5 minutes after adding the spring onions and lemon zest.
- Cook for 3 minutes, breaking up any large flakes with a fork, until the fish is heated through.
- Serve with lemon wedges and a sprinkling of capers and dill, as well as a dab of chilli sauce, if desired.
Tip: For a heartier supper, top the hash with a fried egg. Return the frying pan to the heat, crack in 4 eggs, and fry to your satisfaction after serving the hash..