- Serves 4
- 10 mins to prepare and 20 mins to cook
- 746 calories / serving
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 180g pack curly kale
- 2 x 400g packs ready rolled pizza dough
- 250g pot ricotta
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 reduced-fat sausages, casings removed
- 125g reduced-fat mozzarella
- 80g grated pecorino cheese
- olive oil, to drizzle (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, fan 200°C, gas 7. Using a pestle and mortar, coarsely crush the seeds in a dry frying pan over medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes, swirling occasionally, until aromatic.
- 2 minutes in boiling water to blanch the kale Drain the water and set it aside.
- Unroll the pizza dough and place it on the parchment paper. Prick all over with a fork before transferring to 2 baking sheets. Cover the two bases with ricotta, leaving a 1-2cm border, and top with kale and onion. Dot the fennel seeds and pecorino over the pizzas after breaking up the sausage meat and mozzarella into small parts.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until golden brown and sausage meat is cooked through. If desired, drizzle with olive oil before serving.
Tip: To remove sausage casings, cut the casing lengthwise using a knife, then peel the casing away from the sausage.