- Serves 6
- 15 mins to cook, plus soaking time
- 248 calories / serving
- 1 x 250g pack quick-cook seven grains, soaked for 30 minutes, or overnight
- 50g (2oz) porridge oats
- 250ml semi-skimmed milk
- 2 tbsp honey, plus extra, to taste
- 2 tbsp toasted three-seed mix
- 200g (7oz) frozen berries, defrosted
- In a large pan, combine the soaked grains and oats with 1 litre (1 3/4 pint) of water.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a low heat and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the grains are cooked.
- Cook for another 5 minutes, or until the milk has thickened.
- Add the honey and mix well.
- Divide the porridge among bowls and top with the toasted nuts and berries to serve.
- If desired, drizzle with a little more honey to taste.
Tip: Swap the semi-skimmed milk for almond, oat, or rice milk for a wonderful dairy-free version of this porridge.