- Serves 2
- 3 mins to prepare and 12 mins to cook
- 611 calories / serving
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 40g breadcrumbs
- 10g fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 150g wholewheat spaghetti
- 2 x 120g tins sardines in oil, drained (2 tsp oil reserved), backbones removed and flesh thickly flaked
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- ½ tsp crushed chillies
- 40g raisins
- 3 tbsp white wine (optional)
- 20g pine nuts, toasted (optional)
- ½ lemon, zested and juiced
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, heat the oil and cook the breadcrumbs for 3 minutes, turning constantly, until golden and crisp.
- Set aside after seasoning with black pepper and mixing in the majority of the parsley.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Set aside after draining (reserving 3 tbsp of the cooking water).
- Meanwhile, heat the frying pan over a low heat with the leftover oil from the sardine tin.
- Cook for 8 minutes after adding the onion and chilies.
- Sizzle for 1 minute, or until the liquid has almost evaporated, after adding the raisins and wine (if using).
- Cook for 2 minutes to heat through the sardines and pine nuts (if using). Lemon juice should be added now.
- Combine the pasta, the saved boiling water, and the remaining parsley in a large mixing bowl.
- Warm for 1-2 minutes before seasoning.
- Top with parsley breadcrumbs and lemon zest and divide between two dishes.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.