- Serves 4
- 10 mins to prepare and 2 hrs 30 mins to cook
- 710 calories / serving
- ½ tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 red onions
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3cm piece ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 100g tikka curry paste
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 600g diced lamb shoulder
- 15g fresh coriander, leaves roughly chopped, stalks finely chopped
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 1 beef stock cube, made up to 250ml
- 1 large mango, stoned, peeled and cubed
- 320g basmati rice
- 120g 0% fat natural yogurt, to serve
- In a large, covered saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook the onions for 8-10 minutes, or until they are tender.
- Cook for 1 minute after adding the garlic and ginger.
- Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly, before adding the cinnamon, lamb, and 1 tablespoon coriander stalks.
- To color the lamb, cook for 4-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, then cover and decrease the heat to low.
- Cook, stirring periodically, for 2 hours, or until the lamb is tender.
- Cook for 15 minutes after adding the mango and most of the coriander leaves.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the package directions. Serve the curry over rice and yogurt, garnished with the remaining coriander leaves.
Tip: Make the curry up to 2 days ahead of time and store it in the freezer for up to 2 months.