Slow cooker Persian chicken stew recipe
- Serves 4
- 8 mins to prepare and 5 hrs to cook
- 523 calories / serving
- 750g chicken thighs on the bone
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced into rings
- 25g walnut halves
- 550g new potatoes, halved if large
- 100g dried dates
- 150ml chicken stock
- 2 tbsp harissa paste
- 150g natural yogurt
- steamed greens, to serve
- Combine the chicken thighs and spices in a mixing basin. Toss thoroughly to coat.
- In a frying pan, heat the olive oil and cook the onion for 2 minutes before adding the walnuts. Cook for an additional minute.
- In a slow cooker, place the potatoes. Add the chicken, then the onions and walnuts that have been sautéed. Pour in the stock and sprinkle the dates on top.
- Cook over a low heat for 4½-5 hours, or until the chicken is cooked through (with no pink meat showing).
- Meanwhile, stir the Harissa paste into the yogurt.
- Serve the chicken on a bed of steamed greens such as kale with the spiced yogurt on the side.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.