Deviled eggs are a classic appetizer that never fails to impress, but why not elevate it even more by adding smoked salmon and crispy bacon bits? This combination adds a smoky and savory twist to the traditional recipe, making it perfect for a special occasion or a sophisticated gathering. In this article, we will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to make these delicious smoked salmon and bacon deviled eggs.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 slices of smoked salmon, finely chopped
- 2 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the hard-boiled eggs in half lengthwise and remove the yolks. Place the yolks in a mixing bowl and set the egg whites aside.
- Add the chopped smoked salmon, crumbled bacon, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, chopped fresh dill, salt, and pepper to the mixing bowl with the yolks.
- Mash and mix all the ingredients together until it becomes smooth and well combined.
- Using a spoon or a piping bag, fill each egg white half with the yolk mixture.
- Top the deviled eggs with additional chopped smoked salmon and crumbled bacon bits for extra flavor and presentation.
- Chill the deviled eggs in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Tips and Variations
- If you prefer a milder taste, you can substitute the smoked salmon with regular cooked salmon or omit it altogether.
- You can also substitute the bacon with pancetta or prosciutto for a different taste.
- Add a splash of lemon juice for some extra acidity to balance out the flavors.
- Serve the deviled eggs with a sprinkle of fresh dill or chives on top for some extra garnish.
Smoked salmon and bacon deviled eggs are a perfect appetizer for a special occasion or a sophisticated gathering. This recipe is easy to make and will impress your guests with its smoky and savory flavors. Try this recipe for your next gathering and impress your guests with a delicious and sophisticated twist on the classic deviled egg.