- Serves 6
- 10 mins to prepare and 10 mins to cook
- 245 calories/serving
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp crushed fennel seeds
- 1 x 450g pack lamb leg steaks (fat trimmed), sliced into 3cm pieces
- 1 x 165g pack raw peeled king prawns
For the dipping sauce,
- 20g (3/4oz) flat-leaf parsley, leaves chopped
- 1 tbsp crushed red chilli flakes
- 1 small shallot, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- Soak 24 wooden skewers in water for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix 1 tbsp oil, spices, garlic, vinegar, and a little salt in a small bowl.
- Put the lamb and prawns into 2 separate bowls.
- Pour two-thirds of the marinade over the lamb and the rest over the prawns.
- In a bowl, mix the sauce ingredients with a little salt.
- Set aside.
- Thread 2 pieces of lamb each onto 12 skewers and 2-3 prawns onto the remaining skewers.
- Brush a frying pan with the remaining oil and set over high heat.
- Fry the skewers for 2-3 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- Serve with the dipping sauce.
Tip: Marinate the lamb for 24 hours and the prawns for 2 hours. The sauce can be made the day before the meal.