- Serves 4
- 5 mins to prepare and 15 mins to cook
- 392 calories/serving
- 400g frozen spinach, defrosted and well drained
- One garlic clove, crushed
- 30g butter
- One red onion, chopped.
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- Eight eggs, beaten
- 40g low-fat Greek-style yogurt
- Four flatbreads, warmed, to serve
- 15g fresh coriander, chopped
- One lime, cut into wedges to serve
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat until hot.
- Add the spinach and a pinch of salt and cook for a few mins until any excess water has been cooked off and the spinach is heated.
- Stir in the garlic and half the butter and season with black pepper.
- Cook for a further 2-3 mins until the garlic is fragrant. Cover and keep warm.
- Melt the remaining butter in a separate pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and fry for 5 mins until softened. Stir in the spices and cook for 1 min until fragrant.
- Add the eggs and stir well to combine, then scramble to taste. Stir in the yogurt.
- Pile the spinach and eggs on top of the warmed flatbreads, scatter with the coriander and serve with lime wedges to squeeze over.
Tip: Adding yogurt to the eggs makes them creamier and stops them from overcooking.