Spring lamb and root vegetable salad
- Serves 4
- 15 mins to prepare and 45 mins to cook
- 399 calories/serving
- 100g pearl barley
- 125g baby carrots
- 3 baby turnips, halved
- 100g radishes
- 3 small beetroot, quartered
- 4 garlic cloves, squashed
- 1½ tsp cumin seeds
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ tbsp red wine vinegar
- 350g lamb rump, cut into 3 steaks
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- bunch watercress, chopped
- handful of mint leaves
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, fan 200°C, gas 7.
- Fill a pan halfway with water and add the pearl barley.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to low heat and continue to cook for 45 minutes. If necessary, top up with boiling water.
- Drain and rinse with cold water when finished.
- Meanwhile, in a baking dish, arrange the carrots, turnips, radishes, beetroot, and garlic so that they fit snugly.
- Sprinkle the cumin seeds on the top, season, and then whisk in the oil and vinegar.
- Cook for 45 minutes covered in foil.
- Heat a griddle pan over medium-high heat for about 15 minutes before you're ready to dine. 3-4 minutes on each side for the lamb steaks (depending on how you like it cooked).
- Transfer to a cutting board and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste after whisking together the lemon juice and extra-virgin olive oil.
- Combine the lamb, pearl barley, baked root vegetables, dressing, watercress, and mint in a mixing bowl.
- Serve right away.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.