Sunshine eggs with chorizo and potato hash
- Serves 6
- 10 mins to prepare and 30 mins to cook
- 463 calories / serving
- 1.5kg Desiree potatoes, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3⁄4 tsp smoked paprika
- 175g char-grilled peppers from a jar, drained and sliced
- 250g chorizo, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- Cook the potatoes for 8 minutes in a big pot of boiling water. Drain thoroughly.
- In a frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat.
- Cook for 5 minutes, or until the onion and garlic are softened. Cook for 5 minutes, or until golden, with the paprika, cumin, and chorizo.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat the remaining olive oil.
- Fry the potatoes for 10 mins, or until golden.
- Add the chorizo mixture along with the peppers.
- Season well and cook for a further 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, heat the sunflower oil in a separate frying pan.
- Cook until the whites have set, but the yolks are still runny, then crack in the eggs.
- Transfer the hash to a platter.
- Top with the fried eggs and garnish with parsley.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.