If you're looking for a delicious and easy-to-make ham recipe for your next holiday dinner, then look no further than this Maple and Honey Glazed Ham. This sweet and savory glaze will give your ham a unique and delicious flavor that is sure to please everyone at the table. The combination of pure maple syrup, honey, and a touch of cayenne pepper gives this glaze a complex and irresistible taste that will leave your guests asking for seconds.
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham, approximately 8-10 pounds
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 325°F.
- Remove the ham from its packaging and place it in a large baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, honey, cinnamon, cloves, cayenne pepper, and salt until well combined.
- Pour the glaze over the ham, making sure to coat it evenly.
- Cover the ham with aluminum foil and bake for approximately 2 hours, or until the internal temperature of the ham reaches 140°F.
- Remove the ham from the oven and let it rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Spoon any remaining glaze over the sliced ham for an extra burst of flavor.
- For a smokier flavor, use a smoked ham instead of a fully cooked ham.
- If you prefer a spicier glaze, increase the amount of cayenne pepper to your liking.
- Serve the ham with your favorite side dishes, such as roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or green beans.
This Maple and Honey Glazed Ham recipe is a delicious and easy way to add some sweet and savory flavor to your holiday dinner. The combination of pure maple syrup, honey, and a touch of cayenne pepper gives this glaze a complex and irresistible taste that is sure to please everyone at the table. Give it a try and impress your guests with this mouth-watering ham recipe.