Looking for a delicious and easy way to spruce up your holiday ham? Look no further than this recipe for Apricot and Honey Glazed Ham! With a sweet and tangy glaze featuring apricots, honey, ginger, and soy sauce, this ham is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (7-8 pounds)
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Place ham in a large roasting pan and score the surface in a diamond pattern.
- In a medium saucepan, combine apricot preserves, honey, soy sauce, ginger, mustard, and garlic. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is smooth and heated through.
- Pour half of the glaze over the ham and use a brush to coat the surface. Reserve the remaining glaze for later.
- Bake the ham in the preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches 140°F. Baste the ham with the remaining glaze every 30 minutes.
- Once the ham is fully cooked, remove it from the oven and let it rest for 15-20 minutes before slicing and serving.
Tips and Variations
- For a more pronounced ginger flavor, use 3 tablespoons of grated ginger instead of 2.
- To make this recipe even easier, you can use a pre-made ham glaze and simply mix in the apricot preserves, ginger, and soy sauce.
- Serve the ham with additional glaze on the side for dipping.
- This glaze can also be used on pork tenderloin or chicken.
There you have it - a delicious and easy recipe for Apricot and Honey Glazed Ham! With a few simple ingredients and some basic kitchen skills, you can create a mouth-watering holiday ham that your guests will love. So give it a try and enjoy!