These Sweet Potato and Black Bean Enchiladas are a delicious vegetarian meal that is perfect for dinner any night of the week. The combination of roasted sweet potatoes, black beans, and enchilada sauce creates a flavorful and filling filling that is wrapped in corn tortillas and topped with shredded cheese, sour cream, and fresh cilantro.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into small cubes
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar or Mexican blend)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a baking dish, place the diced sweet potatoes and drizzle with olive oil. Toss to coat evenly.
- Bake the sweet potatoes for 25-30 minutes, or until they are tender and slightly caramelized.
- In a large bowl, combine the roasted sweet potatoes and black beans. Mix well.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave or on a hot skillet until they are soft and pliable.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Fill each tortilla with a spoonful of the sweet potato and black bean mixture. Roll up the tortilla and place seam-side down in the baking dish.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas and filling.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the top of the enchiladas, making sure to cover each one evenly.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top of the enchiladas.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve hot with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of chopped cilantro.
Tips and variations
- If you prefer, you can use flour tortillas instead of corn tortillas.
- Add some diced red bell pepper or jalapeño to the sweet potato and black bean filling for an extra burst of flavor and spice.
- You can also use a combination of different cheeses for the topping, such as pepper jack or queso fresco.
- This recipe can easily be doubled or halved depending on the size of your family or the occasion.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
These Sweet Potato and Black Bean Enchiladas are a simple and delicious way to enjoy a meatless meal. The combination of roasted sweet potatoes, black beans, and enchilada sauce is both filling and flavorful, and the addition of shredded cheese, sour cream, and cilantro on top adds the perfect finishing touch. Try this recipe for your next dinner and enjoy the delicious flavors of Mexico in the comfort of your own home.