- Serves 1
- 5 mins to prepare and 25 mins to cook
- 595 calories / serving
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 20g frozen diced onions
- ½ yellow pepper, chopped
- 150g frozen sweet potato chunks
- 1 tsp massaman curry paste
- 1 tsp smooth peanut butter
- 227g tin Tesco Italian chopped tomatoes
- ½ vegetable stock cube
- 20g baby spinach
- 200g frozen steam bag long-grain white rice
- 10g roasted salted peanuts, chopped
- In a saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Fry the onions and pepper for 5 minutes, or until they begin to soften. Cook for 1 minute after adding the sweet potatoes and curry paste.
- Bring to a simmer with the peanut butter and diced tomatoes, 50ml water, and ½ stock cube. Cook for 8-10 minutes on low heat, until the vegetables are tender and the sauce has thickened.
- Remove the pan from the heat and mix in the spinach.
- Heat the rice according to the package directions and pour into a small basin. Before serving, spoon the sauce over the curry and top with the chopped peanuts.
Leftovers: Make a marinade for roasted vegetables using leftover curry paste or add spice to homemade soups.