Sweet potato and pepper soup recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 2 yellow bell peppers, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional toppings: sour cream, chopped cilantro, croutons, etc.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion, red and yellow bell peppers, and garlic to the pan and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft and fragrant.
- Add the diced sweet potatoes and broth to the pan. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and let it simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Use an immersion blender or transfer the soup to a blender in batches to puree until smooth.
- Return the soup to the pan and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve the soup hot, with desired toppings. Enjoy!
Subscribe to our newsletter
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox.
Looking for delicious and easy-to-make healthy recipes? Select one of the healthiest food network recipes at thefoodnetworkrecipes.com.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.