Sweet potato and spinach curry recipe
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup spinach leaves, washed and chopped
- Optional: plain yogurt, cilantro, toasted naan bread for serving
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until it starts to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook for another minute.
- Add the curry powder, cumin, turmeric, cinnamon, and ground coriander and cook for another minute until fragrant.
- Add the sweet potatoes, crushed tomatoes, and water to the pan. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Season the curry with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the chopped spinach leaves and let it cook for another 2-3 minutes, until wilted.
- Serve the curry with plain yogurt, cilantro, and toasted naan bread (if desired). Enjoy!
Subscribe to our newsletter
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox.
Looking for delicious and easy-to-make healthy recipes? Select one of the healthiest food network recipes at thefoodnetworkrecipes.com.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.