If you love the flavors of teriyaki and barbecue, then you'll adore these Teriyaki BBQ Chicken Skewers with Sesame Seeds! Perfect for a summer BBQ or a family dinner, these skewers are easy to make and packed with flavor.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Wooden skewers, soaked in water for at least 30 minutes
- In a large bowl, whisk together the teriyaki sauce, BBQ sauce, honey, soy sauce, minced garlic, and ground ginger.
- Add the chicken to the bowl and toss to coat.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, or overnight.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Thread the marinated chicken onto the wooden skewers.
- Season the skewers with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the skewers on the grill and cook for 5-7 minutes per side, or until the chicken is cooked through and has reached an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top of the skewers and serve immediately.
- If using wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before grilling to prevent burning.
- These skewers can also be cooked on a grill pan or in the oven.
- Feel free to use your favorite brand of teriyaki and BBQ sauces, or make your own from scratch.
- Garnish with additional sesame seeds and chopped green onions for extra flavor.
These Teriyaki BBQ Chicken Skewers with Sesame Seeds are a delicious and easy-to-make meal that the whole family will love. With the perfect combination of teriyaki and BBQ sauce, they're sure to become a new favorite for your summer grilling rotation. So fire up the grill and enjoy these flavorful skewers!