Thai pork lettuce cups recipe
- Serves 4
- 20 mins to prepare and 10 mins to cook
- 293 calories/serving
- 100g basmati rice
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 500g lean pork mince
- 1.5cm piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 1½ red chilies, ½ deseeded and finely chopped, one finely sliced to garnish
- Two garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp lemongrass purée
- ½ tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- One romaine lettuce leaves separated
- One lime, zested, then cut into wedges to serve
- 15g fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Two spring onions, finely sliced
- Cook the rice to pack instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the sesame oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the pork mince and fry for 7-8 mins until starting to brown and caramelize.
- Stir in the ginger, chili, garlic, and lemongrass purée and cook for 3 mins.
- Stir in the fish sauce and honey. Remove from the heat and add the cooked rice; mix well.
- Lay the salad leaves on a platter and spoon the mince and rice mixture into the lettuce cups.
- Sprinkle with the chili, lime zest, coriander, and spring onion. Serve with the lime wedges.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox.
Looking for delicious and easy-to-make healthy recipes? Select one of the healthiest food network recipes at thefoodnetworkrecipes.com.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.