Thai prawn skewers with grapefruit salad recipe
- Serves 2
- 15 mins to prepare and 10 mins to cook
- 425 calories/serving
- 1 x 165g pack raw peeled king prawns
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 2 tsp vegetable oil, plus extra for frying
- 50g dried vermicelli rice noodles, broken up
- One lime, juiced
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- One grapefruit, segmented
- One carrot, grated
- ½ cucumber, finely sliced, or cut into thin rounds
- 200g red cabbage, finely sliced
- ½ red chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 15g cashew nuts
- 1 x 30g pack coriander, leaves, and stalks roughly chopped
- a small handful of mint leaves, finely chopped
- Soak four wooden skewers in cold water for 10 mins. Mix the prawns and curry paste in a bowl, then thread onto the skewers.
- Heat a skillet over high heat and cook the prawns for 2-3 mins on each side, until cooked through and charred.
- Heat 2cm oil in a deep pan over medium-high heat. Test if the oil is hot by dropping it in one of the noodle pieces; it should puff up immediately.
- In batches, dip the noodles into the oil for a few secs to puff up, then remove and drain on kitchen paper.
- Whisk the lime juice, fish sauce, 2 tsp vegetable oil, and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Add the grapefruit, vegetables, chili, nuts, and herbs. Add three-quarters of the noodles and toss them together.
- Serve with the cooked prawns and remaining noodles.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.