Tofu Scramble With Kale And Roasted Mushrooms Recipe
- Serves 2
- 5 mins to prepare and 20 mins to cook, plus drying
- 236 calories / serving
- 4 large field mushrooms, stalks removed
- 12 sundried tomatoes in oil from a jar, drained, with 2 tbsp oil reserved
- 30g pack basil, leaves picked
- 150g mozzarella, drained and torn
- 4 slices sourdough bread, grilled
- 4 tbsp vegetarian fresh green pesto
- 70g bag wild rocket
- To remove extra moisture from the tofu, drain it and pat it dry with kitchen paper.
- Wrap it in a clean tea towel, place it on top of a heavy pan, and set it aside to dry until needed.
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C.
- Place the mushrooms on a baking sheet, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of oil, season, and roast for 20-25 minutes, or until cooked and juicy.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan, heat 2 tsp oil and the onion until tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Toss in the turmeric and tofu crumbles. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 2-3 minutes.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the kale wilts, after adding the kale, lemon juice, and the remaining oil.
- Cook for another 4-5 minutes after adding the chilli. If you prefer your tofu to be drier, continue to cook it gently, tossing frequently, until it is done to your preference.
- Serve the tofu scramble with a dollop of vegan ketchup or vegan spicy sauce.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.