Tomato and aubergine pasta with chorizo breadcrumbs recipe
- Serves 4
- 15 mins to prepare and 15 mins to cook
- 665 calories/serving
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 aubergine, cut into 1cm cubes
- 350g penne
- 380g tomato and herb pasta sauce
- 100g chorizo ring, skin removed and finely diced
- One tiger roll, torn into breadcrumbs
- 100g lighter grated Cheddar
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the aubergine and fry for 8-10 mins until golden, soft, and translucent.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a pan of boiling salted water for 10-12 mins until tender, then drain.
- Stir the pasta sauce into the aubergine with 50ml water and gently simmer over medium-low heat for 8-10 mins.
- Put the chorizo in a separate nonstick frying pan, then place over medium heat.
- Cook for 5-6 mins, frequently stirring, until golden and crisp and oil from the chorizo has been released into the pan.
- Sprinkle in the breadcrumbs and fry for a further 4-5 mins, stirring continually, until crisp and golden.
- Stir the pasta into the aubergine pan.
- Scatter over some chorizo crumbs and serve with the cheese and more chorizo crumbs to sprinkle over at the table.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.