Tomato And Cauliflower Traybake Recipe
- Serves 4
- 15 mins to prepare and 40 mins to cook
- 281 calories / serving
- Large head of cauliflower (about 800g)
- olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch spring onions
- 12 green olives (stone in)
- 2 x 400g tins quality plum tomatoes
- 50g whole almonds
- 10g fresh parsley
- 1 lemon
- Extra virgin olive oil
- couscous or crusty bread, to serve (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6. Cut the cauliflower into quarters and lay everything in a deep baking tray after clicking off and discarding any tatty cauliflower leaves.
- 1 tbsp olive oil, a pinch of sea salt, and black pepper all over, then roast for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large casserole pan over medium heat.
- Remove the garlic cloves and finely chop the white sections of the spring onions (save the greens for later), then add to the pan and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove the stones from the olives and add them to the pan with the tomatoes and 12 tins of water, breaking them up with a wooden spoon as you go.
- Season to taste. Remove the cauliflower from the oven and pour the sauce over it.
- Return to the oven for another 25 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened and the cauliflower is soft.
- Meanwhile, use a pestle and mortar to pound the almonds (or finely chop them) and set them aside.
- Make a gremolata now. Place the parsley (stalks and all) and the greens of the spring onions in a small bowl and finely chop them.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, finely grated lemon zest, squeezed lemon juice, 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, and season to taste
- Spread the gremolata on top of the cauliflower and sprinkle the smashed almonds on top. With fluffy couscous or crusty toast, this dish is delicious.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.