Tomato, Mushroom And Bean Pan-Fry Recipe
- Serves 4
- 15 mins to prepare and 12 mins to cook
- 312 calories / serving
- 3 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 250g (8oz) chestnut mushrooms, wiped and sliced
- 150g (5oz) kale, tough stalks discarded and leaves sliced
- 1 x 400g can butter beans, drained
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 thick slices of seeded bread, toasted, to serve
- In a large, dry frying pan, roast the pumpkin seeds for 2–3 minutes over medium-low heat, stirring the pan occasionally, until they begin to brown.
- Keep an eye on the seeds as they heat up, as they may pop. Remove the pan from the heat and set it aside.
- In a medium-sized skillet, heat the oil and cook the mushrooms for 3 minutes, or until soft.
- Cook for 3 minutes, tossing frequently, until the kale has wilted, then add the butter beans, garlic, tomatoes, and thyme.
- Cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until the tomatoes have softened.
- Stir in the lemon juice and mustard, season, and heat through.
- Before serving, spoon the bean mixture onto toasted bread and top with pumpkin seeds.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.