Tortellini vegetable soup
- Serves 4
- 10 mins to prepare and 35 mins to cook
- 279 calories/serving
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, very finely diced
- 1 red pepper, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 30g basil, roughly chopped
- 300g spinach and ricotta tortelloni
- 130g baby spinach
- 4 tbsp low-fat crème fraîche
- Italian hard cheese or Parmesan, grated to serve
- In a big deep saucepan, heat the oil and add the red pepper.
- Fry for 5 minutes over high heat to soften, then remove and put aside.
- In the same pan, add the onion, carrots, and celery.
- Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until softened.
- Cook for 2 minutes after adding the garlic.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the diced tomatoes and 400ml water.
- Season to taste and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and blitz until smooth with a hand blender.
- Combine the crème fraîche, tortelloni, spinach, cooked red pepper, and most of the basil leaves in a mixing bowl.
- Bring the soup to a low boil, then reduce to low heat and cook for 5 minutes, or until the pasta is done, and the spinach has wilted.
- Season the soup to taste, then top with the remaining basil and cheese.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.