- Serves 2
- 10 mins to prepare and 10 mins to cook
- 299 calories/serving
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 red pepper, roughly chopped
- 1/2 yellow pepper, roughly chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, roughly chopped
- 1/2 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 slices of grainy bread, toasted
- ½ tsp paprika
- 50g (2oz) fresh spinach leaves or a large handful
- 3 organic eggs
- In a medium nonstick frying pan, heat the oil and sauté the peppers, onion, and garlic for 3-5 minutes, tossing periodically, until softened and brown in spots.
- In the meantime, toast the bread and arrange it on the serving dishes.
- Add the paprika and stir once the peppers and onions are cooked, then add the spinach leaves and stir once more.
- Break in the eggs and stir continually for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until the eggs are soft and creamy, cooking them within the vegetables.
- Spoon the eggs onto the warm toast as quickly as possible and serve immediately.
Tip: Place 1 small onion in a small skillet with 1 tbsp olive oil and sauté for 2 minutes in preparation of this recipe for a quick, no-fuss tomato sauce. After that, add two fresh, roughly diced vine tomatoes and simmer for another three minutes, or until the onions and tomatoes are tender.
Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute after adding 2 tbsp tomato purée. Remove from the heat and mix until smooth with a hand blender. Serve with scrambled eggs on the side.