Turkey Meatballs with Pasta and Hidden Veg Recipe
- Serves 2
- 15 mins to prepare and 25 mins to cook
- 515 calories / serving
- ½ red onion
- 1 small carrot
- 1 celery stick
- 250g turkey thigh mince
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ yellow pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- ½ x 400g tin plum tomatoes
- ½ chicken stock cube, made up to 600ml
- 125g wholewheat fusilli
- 15g fresh basil leaves, to serve
- Grate the onion, carrot, and celery with a box grater.
- Place the turkey mince in a bowl and crumble it in.
- Toss everything together well and roll into 12 little balls.
- In a frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes, or until the meatballs are golden and the pepper is softening, before adding the meatballs and yellow pepper.
- Push the tinned tomatoes to the edge of the pan and crush them with the back of a spoon to break them down.
- Pour in the stock, cover, and cook for 15 minutes, or until the meatballs are done and the sauce has somewhat reduced.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta until it is al dente, about 10 minutes.
- Drain and stir with the meatballs in the sauce to coat. To serve, garnish with basil leaves.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.