Turmeric chicken and lentil soup recipe
- Serves 2
- 50 mins to prepare and 40 mins to cook
- 203 calories/serving
- One lemongrass stalk
- 30g root ginger, sliced
- ½ vegetable stock cube made up to 900ml
- One chicken breast
- 2 tsp olive oil
- One small onion, finely chopped.
- ½ celery stick, chopped
- One small carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 30g dried green lentils, rinsed
- 30g curly kale, woody stems removed
- Roughly bash the lemongrass with the flat of a knife and put it in a medium saucepan along with the ginger and stock.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 2 mins until fragrant.
- Add the chicken breast and reduce the heat until barely simmering. Poach for 15-18 mins until the chicken is cooked through.
- Take the chicken out of stock and set it aside to cool slightly. Remove and discard the lemongrass and ginger.
- While the chicken poaches, heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion, celery, and carrot; cook for 10 mins until softened.
- Stir in the turmeric and lentils and cook for 1 min to combine.
- Pour in the poaching stock, bring to a simmer and cook for 18-20 mins or until the lentils are tender.
- Shred the chicken with two forks and add to the soup along with the kale for the last 5 mins of cooking time. Divide between 2 bowls to serve.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox.
Looking for delicious and easy-to-make healthy recipes? Select one of the healthiest food network recipes at thefoodnetworkrecipes.com.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.