Twice-baked pumpkin recipe
- Serves 4
- 15 mins to prepare and 60 mins to cook
- 324 calories / serving
- 2kg (4Ib) pumpkin
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 125g (4oz) bulgur wheat, rinsed
- ￼￼300ml hot vegetable stock
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- small bunch of flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- a small handful of chives, roughly chopped
- 100g pack firm goat's cheese, cut into 1cm pieces
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, and fan 180°C. Slice the top quarter of the pumpkin, scoop out the seeds, and discard.
- Put the pumpkin on a baking tray and brush the inside with 1 tbsp olive oil. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the bulgur wheat in a heatproof bowl and cover it with the hot vegetable stock.
- Cover and set aside for 20 minutes; drain well. Heat the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil in a small frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and fry for 1 minute before adding the garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until softened.
- Stir the onion mixture, parsley, and most of the chives and goat's cheese into the bulgur wheat; season well.
- Remove the pumpkin from the oven.
- Reduce the range to gas 4, 180°C, fan 160°C. Spoon the mixture into the pumpkin and top with the remaining cheese.
- Return to the oven for a further 30 minutes or until golden. Serve scattered with the remaining chives.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox.
Looking for delicious and easy-to-make healthy recipes? Select one of the healthiest food network recipes at thefoodnetworkrecipes.com.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.