- Serves 8
- 10 mins to prepare and 40 mins to cook
- 746 calories/serving
- 240ml almond milk
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 125g melted coconut oil, plus extra for greasing
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- 2 tsp vanilla paste
- 1 x 410g tin quartered pears, drained and puréed
- 240g gluten-free flour
- 240g light brown sugar
- 240g cocoa powder
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
For the frosting,
- 280g almond butter
- 50g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 100g light brown sugar
- 150ml of almond milk
- 150g fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 170°C, fan 150°C, gas 3.
- Using coconut oil, lightly grease an 18cm round cake tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond milk and cider vinegar and put aside for a few minutes to activate.
- To make the foam, combine the coconut oil, coffee, vanilla extract, and pear purée in a mixing bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda, and baking powder.
- Taste and, if necessary, adjust the sweetness by adding additional sugar.
- Fill the prepared tin halfway with the ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Allow for complete cooling before icing.
- In the meantime, make the buttercream frosting by beating all of the ingredients together until light and fluffy.
- Add extra almond milk if the mixture is too thick.
- Add more cocoa powder or light brown sugar if it's too thin.
- When the cake has cooled completely, pour the icing generously over the top and, if desired, garnish with raspberries.
- If you don't want to use icing, just coat the cake with cocoa powder.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.