Introduction: Whether you're vegan or not, you won't be able to resist these delicious chocolate chip cookies with a sprinkle of sea salt on top. Not only are they vegan, but they're also made with wholesome ingredients like flaxseed eggs and coconut oil. These cookies are perfect for a sweet treat any time of day.
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Sea salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ground flaxseed and water. Set aside for 5 minutes to thicken.
- In a large bowl, cream together the softened coconut oil, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Add the flaxseed mixture to the bowl and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the vegan chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, form balls of dough and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt on top of each cookie.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Make sure your coconut oil is softened, but not melted.
- For a more caramel-like flavor, use coconut sugar instead of brown sugar.
- Add in some chopped nuts or dried fruit for extra texture.
- These cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
These vegan chocolate chip cookies with a sprinkle of sea salt are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. They're easy to make, use wholesome ingredients, and have that perfect balance of salty and sweet. Give them a try and let us know what you think!