- Serves 4
- 12 mins to prepare and 10 mins to cook
- 430 calories/serving
- 200g flat rice noodles
- 4 tbsp tamarind sauce
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ½-1 tsp chili flakes
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Two garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Two large eggs, lightly beaten.
- 320g pack vegetable and beansprout stir fry
- 50g roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- One lime, quartered.
- Soak the noodles in freshly boiled water for 12 mins. Strain and set aside.
- While the noodles are soaking, mix the tamarind, fish sauce, sugar, and chili flakes.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan and add the garlic. Cook briefly, watching it not burn, then add the tamarind and fish sauce mixture.
- Let this bubble for a minute, then transfer to a bowl.
- In the same pan, on medium-high heat, add the beaten eggs.
- Let them set for a minute without stirring. Once set, break vigorously with a wooden spoon.
- Add the stir fry vegetables and cook for 2 mins, stirring from time to time.
- Then add the noodles, pour over the sauce, mix well and cook for another minute or two.
- Serve sprinkled with chopped peanuts and a squeeze of lime.
Tip: For a vegetarian version, simply omit the fish sauce.