Wild Mushroom Israeli Couscous Recipe
- Serves 6
- 10 mins to prepare and 30 mins to cook
- 158 calories / serving
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 125g Shiitake mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 20g dried porcini mushrooms
- 225g uncooked Israeli couscous
- 700ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp basil, roughly chopped
- In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil. Sauté the garlic and onion for 3 minutes. Cook for 5 minutes after adding the sliced mushrooms. Bring to a boil with the vegetable stock and porcini.
- Reduce to a low heat, cover, and cook until the couscous is cooked and the liquids have been absorbed. This will take about 10 minutes. To finish cooking, cover for 5 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasoning. Fluff up just before serving. Stir in the chopped basil.
- To serve, garnish with sprigs of fresh basil.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.